cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper II

Local SEO

Help please. Your previous answer did not help me

My website is declining fast under local SEO.  My website is position 7 with directory listings above me. I used to be number one

My website is indexed mobile friendly with trusted do follow back links. I have 5,000 back links with 30 percent do follow. My website is 2 years old. I have been leaving back links for 2 years too

I have directory listings on Manta, Yelp , etc

How do I move up?

Keep it simple.

Your previous answer did not help me. Every day I leave do follow back links and anchor text.

Competitor’s directory listings are now above my website.

What is going on? What can I do to move up on local SEO.

Thanks,

Chris                                                                              
    Owner  CEL Financial Services

IRS Registered Tax Preparer                       
    Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer

Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Fillmore needs.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User IV

@TaxMan2 

Hi Chris and welcome back. Just wondering what are you using for the local search.

While backlinks can help give your site credibility - assuming they are on well ranked sites.

As previously suggested here in the community you really need to focus on the content on your site. Right now your pages consist mostly of a few bullet points and that is it.

I ran your site through a free checker - https://sitechecker.pro/app/main/project/1178127/audit/summary?utm_campaign=redirecttest

For example https://incometaxprepfillmore.com/owe-irs-back-taxes-1  

While I'm not a content creator - If I were to build out this page I would do the following 

1) Change the name from Owe IRS Back Taxes to just Back Taxes

2) I would add at least 1 paragraph of information that describes & defines back taxes - I would be sure not to be "text book" with this but rather if I were having a conversation on the phone and describing it - that is how I would present it.

3) I would then take a paragraph or two to explain how someone ends up owing back taxes and what that could mean in terms of penalties

4) I would wrap up the page with some information about ways to resolve back taxes and steps that would need to be taken to move forward. You mention Enrolled Agent on this page - the average person isn't going to know what that is. 

5) I would then have a call to action - this could be a contact button / call today or even placing a form right on that page. 

I would attempt to break up the page with some images and background colors.

You may want to search for some local web designer / seo folks who can help you at further - they may also recommend moving to WordPress depending on how they design sites.

Overall just having links to your site is NOT going to get you listed well. You need to have well written content - I am assuming https://www.fztaxes.com/ is one of your competitors, 

I would take a look at some of their content / layouts to get an idea of what I'm referring to. Use of Heading tags (h1, h2) and so on as well as organizing the content is VERY important.

Hope this helps

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Search for higher volume and lower search difficulty keywords and create more content around it which would be more convenient and generate higher interest among your potential readers. 

You can find out trendy topics in your locality with the use of Google Trend and try to build your content around it.

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User IV

@TaxMan2 

Hi Chris and welcome back. Just wondering what are you using for the local search.

While backlinks can help give your site credibility - assuming they are on well ranked sites.

As previously suggested here in the community you really need to focus on the content on your site. Right now your pages consist mostly of a few bullet points and that is it.

I ran your site through a free checker - https://sitechecker.pro/app/main/project/1178127/audit/summary?utm_campaign=redirecttest

For example https://incometaxprepfillmore.com/owe-irs-back-taxes-1  

While I'm not a content creator - If I were to build out this page I would do the following 

1) Change the name from Owe IRS Back Taxes to just Back Taxes

2) I would add at least 1 paragraph of information that describes & defines back taxes - I would be sure not to be "text book" with this but rather if I were having a conversation on the phone and describing it - that is how I would present it.

3) I would then take a paragraph or two to explain how someone ends up owing back taxes and what that could mean in terms of penalties

4) I would wrap up the page with some information about ways to resolve back taxes and steps that would need to be taken to move forward. You mention Enrolled Agent on this page - the average person isn't going to know what that is. 

5) I would then have a call to action - this could be a contact button / call today or even placing a form right on that page. 

I would attempt to break up the page with some images and background colors.

You may want to search for some local web designer / seo folks who can help you at further - they may also recommend moving to WordPress depending on how they design sites.

Overall just having links to your site is NOT going to get you listed well. You need to have well written content - I am assuming https://www.fztaxes.com/ is one of your competitors, 

I would take a look at some of their content / layouts to get an idea of what I'm referring to. Use of Heading tags (h1, h2) and so on as well as organizing the content is VERY important.

Hope this helps

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Search for higher volume and lower search difficulty keywords and create more content around it which would be more convenient and generate higher interest among your potential readers. 

You can find out trendy topics in your locality with the use of Google Trend and try to build your content around it.

My problem is under Google Search console  on Page one. It showing tons of phrases. I only want my key words to be indexed and show. I have re-indexed this page several time on GoDaddy and submitted it on Search Console.

Chris

Owner CEL Financial Services 

Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Fillmore needs

@TaxMan2

The issue you are facing is you are in an industry with lots of
    competition - this is why you need to expand your content. Gone are the
    days where you could just put a list of words on a page and the search
    engines would find / list you.

As I and @JohnPhil said you need to see what phrases are being search for
    and then create your content that incorporates those phrases so that the
    search engines will see it

I need help with my website design. My website is in position 8. My website is two years old with trusted do follow back links.

I am unable to input a Canonical

I need someone to run software on my website domain. And tell what steps I need to improve my website design so it show up higher on local SEO.

Please tell me what to do to improve my website design

Keep it simple.

Thank you

Chris                                                                        
    Owner  CEL Financial Services  

https://incometaxprepfillmore.com

Thank you so much @PL281 and @JohnPhil. I am now waiting for Google to index my website. I submitted on search console.

Chris

Owner CEL Financial Services

IRS Registered Tax Preparer

Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer

Please visit my website for all your <a href="https://incometaxprepfillmore.com">Income Tax Fillmore</a> needs.