cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Creating a website for Classified Ads

Hi

I am wondering if Godaddys website builder can help me create a website where users can register and signup to put up ads ( classified ads) like photos and descriptions and similarly guests/ end users can search for the products etc. ?

is there a template like that available , or any other tools i can use to create such kind of a website , without much knowledge of programming ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User III

To put it simply, anytime a website does something it involves a computer program written to do that thing running on the server.  The advantage with a platform like WordPress that @PL281 pointed out is you can find many solutions to common tasks already written.  You can compare features to see if any meet your needs, it is also important to check if it's actively updated for compatibility and reviews from others who have used it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/Classified+Ads/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@irfanmayani 

I would suggest WordPress to accomplish this. There are many plugins and features with Payment tie in as well as approval processes.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III

To put it simply, anytime a website does something it involves a computer program written to do that thing running on the server.  The advantage with a platform like WordPress that @PL281 pointed out is you can find many solutions to common tasks already written.  You can compare features to see if any meet your needs, it is also important to check if it's actively updated for compatibility and reviews from others who have used it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/Classified+Ads/

View solution in original post