cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

GoDaddy not responding to spam complaints

You are hosting a heavy-duty, aggressive spammer at brandenic (dot) com. Multiple spam reports through SpamCop and your abuse reporting form over a period of months and you've taken no action.

I can't tell if GoDaddy has finally descended to the point of being a bulletproof spam sewer, or if you're allowing this spammer to remain on your network because you use a software bot to parse spam reports and your software bot is so hopelessly broken it can be fooled by simple URL encoding.

The spam messages all contain brandenic=2Ecom as the URL. Can it really be that this is enough to keep you from seeing the spam reports, because your automatic parsing software doesn't see a GoDaddy hosted site and drops the report? Or does your software work, you know you're hosting this spammer, and they pay you enough that you just don't care?

By the way, I was a GoDaddy customer for more than 10 years. I left you for another Web hosting provider when your abuse team started being slower and slower at responding to spam complaints.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: GoDaddy not responding to spam complaints

@franklinveaux 

We are end users so there isn't alot we can do. However, I looked up brandenic.com MX records and they are pointed to Zoho.in

GoDaddy does seem to be hosting the DNS and the website appears to be on a VPS.

The VPS goes through the GoDaddy relay which limits to 5000 relays per day - but that would be assuming that they are sending email from the VPS server itself

It is also possible that someone is spoofing them to try to get account access - but again unless the emails were coming from the GoDaddy network submitting a spam compliant to them probably wouldn't go very far. 

I know they have some automation on their own system - but just because they are hosting the domain I don't believe they can shut off MX records pointed to 3rd parties.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: GoDaddy not responding to spam complaints

@franklinveaux 

We are end users so there isn't alot we can do. However, I looked up brandenic.com MX records and they are pointed to Zoho.in

GoDaddy does seem to be hosting the DNS and the website appears to be on a VPS.

The VPS goes through the GoDaddy relay which limits to 5000 relays per day - but that would be assuming that they are sending email from the VPS server itself

It is also possible that someone is spoofing them to try to get account access - but again unless the emails were coming from the GoDaddy network submitting a spam compliant to them probably wouldn't go very far. 

I know they have some automation on their own system - but just because they are hosting the domain I don't believe they can shut off MX records pointed to 3rd parties.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post