cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Ritvars
Getting Started

Receipt printing, trouble with huge letters, normal one page receipt on two pages.

Hello, 

I need to print all 12 receipts from year of 2016 for accounting purposes. Each receipt seperately.

Receipts from year of 2015 when printed seperately (per month) fitted on one page, text with small letters and purchased products were listed nicely in excel box.

Now when Im trying to print any of new receipts from 2016. letters are huge, one month receipt is on two pages, no excel box, looks ugly and unpractical. 

How can I print receipt in normal size, not on two pages with blind man size letters?

Also I cant contact support by calling as Im not from one of the supported countries, trying to call but operator doesn't connect. And chat is offline all time, please, do not ask me to call anyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ritvars

Here you can see my settings: http://i.imgur.com/N4vzaR2.jpg

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
10 REPLIES 10
Ritvars
Getting Started

Probably posted this one in wrong section, I apologize! 

Not sure how to delete.

Hello.
I have encountered a similar problem and I have installed a software that allows me to "print to PDF".
So when I click Print on the receipt I select Print to PDF and it saves the receipt as a pdf file in a specific format that allows me to print the receipt on a single page.
I hope this will help you.
Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Could you please tell me name of the program that should be downloaded?

I have free version of pdf that allows me to open and read pdf files. Also when I click print button from receipt window I can choose printer, one of them lets me to save receipt as pdf, but once I save it as pdf it doesnt change the look of receipt, it stays same (large letters etc.).

There is nothing you can do to change the layout of the receipt. This is formatted at godaddy and I agree with you, the current layout is a complete waste of paper space.

I have complained about this to godaddy sales rep by phone months ago and nothing has been done about it.

Just today I renewed 13 domain names and the receipt took 6 pages to print which is a total waste in ecological terms, ink and paper.

I can not understand how a company like godaddy is so wasteful with resources when it is easily possible to fit 50 lines of text on a standard page.

@Ritvars

Here you can see my settings: http://i.imgur.com/N4vzaR2.jpg

Many thanks for advice. Did as you said, Changed my default printer to Microsoft Print to PDF (its probably a stock option for every adobe reader user), but before pressing print I changed paper size to A3 that way it was fitted in one page (A4 did not work for me) Also I did a small change with format of spacing from left side, so the letters wouldnt start just from paper left side but with some free space so I could kick two holes for book rings. One thing when saved as pdf it made two pages, one with text and second blank empty (probably because of receipt is on two pages), Fixed it with changing page count from 1-2 to 1 before saving as pdf, its the option where you enter what pages you want to print.

Once saved as pdf I can print it as a normal pdf file and also store receipt on my pc for backup.

I have different layout off printer window than yours. Looks like you use win 8, I have win 10, there for everything looks different (probably). But it seems it is possible to everyone, just need few minutes to figure it out.

Many thanks again 🙂

Every month we have to print on paper the billing invoice receipt we receive from GoDaddy.

However, GoDaddy's "print" invoice uses HUGE black fonts that consume HUGE amounts of expensive black ink with HUGE amounts of wasted white space between that requires two pages to print.

Please communicate this to the person(s) responsible for designing GoDaddy's billing invoices and kno

Hello @Sigh

This topic has been discussed and a solution was accepted.

Please take a look here: https://uk.godaddy.com/community/Community-Suggestions/Receipt-printing-trouble-with-huge-letters-no...

Good luck.

🙂

I think Godaddy should solve it easily for all of us, like how other even small companies does. Godaddy please hear us

Changing to A4, printing to PDF and then printing the PDF on Letter with "shrink" as the Acrobat Reader option solves this.  But man, what a terrible waste of time.  The issue is the "width" formatting GoDaddy has done on their HTML invoices.  With better programming they'd either A) link to a nicely formatted PDF invoice or B) fix their HTML generation code that accounts for letter size widths.  

Band-aid but not fixed.