• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

CDN Blocking Font Files CORS

Hi, before I go any further, please don't tell me to update my .htaccess file as a solution. I understand that sometimes this is a necessary temporary workaround, but my question relates to the actuall called origin domain, rather than how to get around the Cross Domain Policy. 

ISSUE: When activating Godaddy CDN on domain name https://diamondart.photography a number of font files called via the CDN are "denied" due to CORS. 

Further investigation lead me to discover that the Font file location via the CDN was in fact the MyFTPUpload TEMP domain not the PRIMARY .photography domain as listed above and below. 

CORS.png

domains.png
    so I have a few questions

1) Is there an actual known fix that enables CDN to operate as intended where files are called from the primary domain?

2) Why is CORS an issue when retrieving font files from a Godaddy hosted Domain, and not a font called from GoogleFont cdns? In both instances the font serving is done by a non-requesting domain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Getting Started

I work hard to improve the speed of my client sites with all of the usual tips and tricks but still gort some dreadful load times on even my simple builds. Also CSS was not loading on sites and icons and such were screwy - it always pointed back to the CDN

So I did some testing - and by simply turning OFF the CDN - some of my pages went from 12-20 second load times to 3-4 seconds! One went from 9 seconds to 1.4! It also solved all my issues with CSS  and  icons not loading.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm having exactly the same problem and would like to know if there is a resolution.  So far GoDaddy support's only suggestion is to switch off CDN!?

Getting Started

I work hard to improve the speed of my client sites with all of the usual tips and tricks but still gort some dreadful load times on even my simple builds. Also CSS was not loading on sites and icons and such were screwy - it always pointed back to the CDN

So I did some testing - and by simply turning OFF the CDN - some of my pages went from 12-20 second load times to 3-4 seconds! One went from 9 seconds to 1.4! It also solved all my issues with CSS  and  icons not loading.

View solution in original post