cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Getting Started

CDN error

Hello. I just enabled the new CDN feature and I am getting this error:

Warning: preg_replace(): Empty regular expression in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas06_data02/54/42446654/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/class-cdn.php on line 131

It's the underlined one:

public function replace_base_url( $url ) {

if ( ! self::is_enabled() ) {

return $url;

}
    $url = preg_replace( $this->pattern, "{$this->base_url}/$1", $url, -1, $count );

$time = Plugin::last_cache_flush_date(); return ( $count && $time ) ? add_query_arg( 'time', $time, $url ) : $url; } }

My site has a SSL certificate from Go Daddy also, and I tried with another site (without SSL) hosted in the same Wordpress plan with the same template and I got no this issue.

It could be SSL the issue? Please help! Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Product Team

Hi @vicetias 

Thank you for reporting this.  It turns out this is a rare edge case when plugins perform certain actions in a certain order.  We've created a patch to address this that'll go out in the next update.

Until then, I recommend disabling CDN so you don't have to figure out which plugin is conflicting.  Sorry about the headaches, I know this must have been frustrating, but thank you for reporting this.

Thanks,

Gabe

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
    Product Team

Hi @vicetias 

Thank you for reporting this.  It turns out this is a rare edge case when plugins perform certain actions in a certain order.  We've created a patch to address this that'll go out in the next update.

Until then, I recommend disabling CDN so you don't have to figure out which plugin is conflicting.  Sorry about the headaches, I know this must have been frustrating, but thank you for reporting this.

Thanks,

Gabe

View solution in original post

No problem @Gabe. I hope it gets resolved very soon. Do you know when the plugin will be updated? Will I get notified?

CDN really improves website speed and I loved when I saw that new feature in the settings, so I can't wait for use it!

@vicetias I'd guess next week or the week after.  It's a bit slower than normal since we're rolling out the WordPress 5.2 update.  The architecture improvements we're rolling out will make these updates much faster in the future.

Thanks,

Gabe

@Gabe Issue still there after Wordpress update (5.2.1). So disappointed! Smiley Sad

Hi @vicetias  I totally understand the frustration, but the nature of this work is dynamic.  The team has to respond to the highest priority/impact work and this is a relatively minor edge case impacting a very small number of sites with a simple workaround.

I'm sorry, I know it's an annoying problem, but I hope you can understand that there's a lot of work to do, new things come up and we try to make the biggest impact for the largest number of customers.

I probably shouldn't have guessed at a rollout date, but I was trying to be helpful--sorry about that, can't always predict the future, but I can assure you that it will get addressed.

Thanks,

Gabe

Where I turn off CDN i turn it on today and now the images off my website don’t load.

I also have a plugin error when CDN is on.  I have a text link in my footer that was coded as and successfully pointed to: http://spookybeavers.net/xmlsitemap.xml .  Now it points to: http://secureservercdn.net/166.62.109.21/1m9.808.myftpupload.com/xmlsitemap.xml and the screen is blank. 

So I will turn off CDN and see what happens.  I will report back here if this does not fix the issue.

Getting Started

Me too- images, javascript files, and css files not loading correctly when CDN is on. 

I have tested the new 'free CDN' on many sites. The result is always a MUCH slower loading website. I have seen a performance decrease with at least 10 different sites that I have tested.

Really? I thought it would be faster... I'll disable it then and I'll take a look.