• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Is there anything I can do to speed up site load time? ttfb over 3 seconds and upto 30

A site I have been running for a few months now https://sewunconventional.co.uk seems very slow to load. best case I maybe get 3 seconds ttfb with all the analytics showing the majority of this is "wait" time for the server to respond. I've tried upgrading the hosting package but seen no improvement. Is there anything I should do other than look to leave godaddy? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Mustachkian
    Skilled I

@sidgreenfield ,

Your site’s poor load times have nothing to do with the registrar. It’s your DNS that needs fixing.

I suggest you sign up for Cloudflare and point your domain to their name servers. It’s easy, it’s all over YouTube and you’ll be done in less than 5 minutes.

And yes, it’s completely free. Try this and see if it solves your problem before doing any drastic changes like changing your registrar or upgrading your hosting.

Regards,

Mustachkian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Mustachkian
    Skilled I

@sidgreenfield ,

Your site’s poor load times have nothing to do with the registrar. It’s your DNS that needs fixing.

I suggest you sign up for Cloudflare and point your domain to their name servers. It’s easy, it’s all over YouTube and you’ll be done in less than 5 minutes.

And yes, it’s completely free. Try this and see if it solves your problem before doing any drastic changes like changing your registrar or upgrading your hosting.

Regards,

Mustachkian

View solution in original post