• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Newer version of PHP?

Is there a way to get PHP 5.6 on my site?  Version 7 would be even better.  Looks like the latest version I can choose is 5.5 from the cpanel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

An update: PHP 7.2 is now available on all Managed WordPress sites.

Thanks,

Gabe

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79

Hi Chippy. Newer versions aren't available on Web Hosting yet, but there are plans to get it updated. If you immediately need newer versions, you might want to consider using a VPS so you can install and manage your desired PHP version.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

How could we do that?

At least you can get php v5.  The latest upgrade for me is 5.4 Smiley Sad

'specially give that PHP 5.4.19 has stopped receiving security updates since Thursday, 03 September 2015.  You would think for the $$$ we pay they at least would update for security reasons. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

I have a vps/whm server how to make the update ?

Hi!

Is PHP 5.6 & upto PHP 7 available on "Wordpress Managed Hosting"? From my CPanel I could upgrade it only PHP 5.4.

Here we are, the end of May 2017.  Still no word on when we'll be able to upgrade to PHP 7.  I hear A2 has great pricing for nonprofit organizations.  If something doesn't happen soon with GD, I'm going to have to switch.  With a nonprofit budget, I cannot just upgrade to a VPS and make the PHP upgrade myself.  This is quite unfortunate, as I hate to have to move everything, but this apathetic approach to customer service isn't working.  I cannot be nickled and dimed, since there aren't any extra nickles and dimes to be had.  Way to stay behind the curve GD...thanks for nothing.

We need php 7.1

Hi Gabe, if you're still following this thread, please share a brief update. We need to make decisions and we'd rather know what's happening -- even if it's bad news -- than hear nothing after months of silence. Surely you can understand our needs in this case.

Looking forward to a prompt response.

Hey folks.

To answer your questions about cPanel (web hosting) and Managed WordPress PHP versions, cPanel will support PHP7 in the next couple months and Managed WordPress will support it shortly after that.

For Managed WordPress, we're finishing the PHP 5.6 upgrade now, with 2/3 of our datacenters complete.It took a bit longer because we added a new Redis caching tier to support the upgrade.

I'm happy to say that we're also working on upgrades that will let us be more responsive to new PHP versions in the future--you guys shouldn't have to wait this long, sorry about that.

We will fix it.

Gabriel A. Mays
    Head of WordPress Products, GoDaddy

Won't it be great to have PHP 7 on godaddy?

Yeah it doesn't appear as it's available yet for their shared hosting products per this article: https://www.godaddy.com/help/software-versions-shared-hosting-897

But if you have a VPS or Dedicated server you should be able to upgrade.

Those of us older clients who are on classic would be happy with 5.6 at this point.  We're stuck with outdated and unsupported 5.4.  Unless of course we purchase a new hosting account and transfer everything over... to 5.6 which is unsupported in just a few months.

This is not a solution.  PHP 5.6 will be unsupported on 12/31 and discussions appear to be that WP will recommend it, meaning that the plugin market will move quickly to stay on listings.  Additionally, there is ample evidence now that PHP 7 if far faster than 5.6 so GD should want to move to save cycles on their hardware.  When?

I am wondering this myself goddays finally after 2 years supposed to be rolling out 5.6 php across there servers right as its going unsupported in dec only receiving security updates, Unlike the current versions of php on godady's servers which has not had security updates for a very long time.

Would it not make sense to just jump to php 7 because i can see in 2 yrs godaddy will be upgrading to php 7 when php 9 is the recommended.

For a hosting provider security should be a high priority, We as website owners can only do so much if our websites can be exploited because of a lazy hosting provider not taking security seriously using extremely outdated versions of core server applications php, mysql etc why should we give them hundreds of dollars, Even thousands in many cases if they can't provide they service there selling.

If other hosting providers can switch ages ago why is godaddy so behind with the amount of money they make this really should not be an issue especially in 2016 tech era.

Hey folks.  To answer your questions about cPanel (web hosting) and Managed WordPress PHP versions, cPanel will support PHP7 in the next couple months and Managed WordPress will support it shortly after that.

For Managed WordPress, we're finishing the PHP 5.6 upgrade now, with 2/3 of our datacenters complete.  It took a bit longer because we added a new Redis caching tier to support the upgrade.

I'm happy to say that we're also working on upgrades that will let us be more responsive to new PHP versions in the future--you guys shouldn't have to wait this long, sorry about that.  We will fix it.

Thanks,

Gabe

Thanks for the insight and work.

It's always nice to get a reply from the company in question.

Wow this insight just mde my day. May I ask if it will be directly advertised to customers or need to check from time to time?

Hate to be pushy, but any update on this? I'm trying to use the Gravity2PDF plugin and it won't run on anything less then 5.6. I don't want to switch hosting if its just a week or so away, but if its much longer, I will have to look at my options.

I am using Godaddy Deluxe Web Hosting Linux on Asia Pacific data center (Singapore) 

I have only php 5.3 and php 5.4 version available 😞 I need at last php 5.6

What is your plant to support latest php support on Asia Pacific data center.

Hey @DCox@konvex,

PHP version 5.6 is currently available on our cPanel shared hosting plans. If you're on an older "Web Hosting" plan then these will not have 5.6 available. You'll need to consider purchasing a new cPanel shared hosting plan and moving your site content from the older hosting plan.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support