cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Pre-built theme and a ready-made site complete with images

Hello Community

I've had zero help from GoDaddy customer service but rather than rant about them I seek your help to resolve this matter. Here's the thing. I purchased a Mangaged Hosting Deluxe package on the basis of the information supplied on https://uk.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting as I needed a ready-made solution for a client and purchased three years hosting in advance and registered the domain. I purchased this on the basis of the information on that page that states the following:

"Our pre-built themes are easy to customize with a drag-and-drop editor. Just choose your industry and we'll give you a ready-made site, complete with images. Or, make it completely your own with thousands of third-party WordPress themes and plugins to choose from."

After I recieved the confirmation that my hosting set up had been completed I proceeded through the GoDaddy set up to build my site and select one of the themes on https://uk.godaddy.com/wordpress-themes

Trying to view the themes before selecting one completely crashed my browser and any other browser i tried subsequently. GoDaddy CS apparently fixed the issue, I then indeed had a WordPress installation on my hosting package associated with my chosen domain name. However this is not what I had paid for or wanted - I wanted the choice of one of the "prebuilt themes" and a "ready-made site complete with images" as specified on the above page.

After several hours of wasted time on chat and phone to CS I'm told I was wrong, I misunderstood and that the themes specified were just examples. I was told by another CS rep that the website is wrong and that this isnt a service GoDaddy provide.

This strikes me as very odd that Godaddy would advertise such a service that doesnt actually exist so please tell me if you can if I'm going mad, if I've read the situation incorrectly or have I fallen in to some clever marketing trap or does this service actually exist? I have given a client a minimal price on a website based on minimal development by myself so I now stand to lose money/time.

Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

Justin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User IV

@Kid404 

I just tried this and it came in with the content. When I started the site when giving the option of the Templates, Manual or Migrate - I selected Template...

I believe if you select manual and then select the GoDaddy Template it doesn't bring in the sample content.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you so much, this is really useful and good to know. So ftr my browser(s) crashed at the point of selecting templates option. Godaddy ‘fixed’ my problem by giving me a manual installation of WP. Godaddy support agents then denied that templates was even an option at all, three different agents said this, being new to Godaddy and having failed to successfully complete the process first time, i had limited knowledge with which to argue with. Your post has provided me with the answer I needed. Bless bless.

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User IV

@Kid404 

I just tried this and it came in with the content. When I started the site when giving the option of the Templates, Manual or Migrate - I selected Template...

I believe if you select manual and then select the GoDaddy Template it doesn't bring in the sample content.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you so much, this is really useful and good to know. So ftr my browser(s) crashed at the point of selecting templates option. Godaddy ‘fixed’ my problem by giving me a manual installation of WP. Godaddy support agents then denied that templates was even an option at all, three different agents said this, being new to Godaddy and having failed to successfully complete the process first time, i had limited knowledge with which to argue with. Your post has provided me with the answer I needed. Bless bless.