• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Private: Blog at top of page – any way to change this wording on posts?

I am using posts as a way to archive press releases and articles. First, the posts are definitely public, not private, and that is the first odd thing I'm experiencing for it to say "Private: Blog." But no matter what is going on there, I would like to change that wording altogether anyway. The press release title is fine below but I would like the posts that I have categorized as Press Releases to say "Press Releases" and those as Articles to say "Articles" and not a "Blog" at all, whether stated as Private or Public. I am using the Mins theme of Managed Wordpress, and to complicate things further, I am also using Beaver Builder. I prefer not to do any coding if I can avoid it so if the answer is not to do posts at all and create pages instead somehow and use a plug-in to manage, I am good with that (I have tried different plug-ins but they all require posts to feed into them so I'm still left with the stupid "Private: Blog" header on my page). Just looking for a solution organizing press releases and articles in this theme because nothing has worked so far!

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Private: Blog at top of page – any way to change this wording on posts?

@fignewton 

It sounds as if the "Blog" Page (Pages -> All Pages -> find one labeled Blog front page) has been labeled as private

In terms of getting the Article vs Press release - if you do http://yourdomain.com/category/articles you should get just the articles  (and hopefully will say articles in the title area)

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Hi @fignewton ,

Just wanted to see if a tool like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rss-aggregator/ might help you with some of your archiving?  I don't have an affiliate link or anything (though I probably should!) but I have used it successfully for years.  You have a ton of feed control in the pro version.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hi @PL281!

Your suggestion has helped me make my first sign of progress towards a solution! Thank you!! I'm still trying to figure out how to categorize everything but I feel confident that this can work now. I appreciate you responding to my question!

Hi @JMPepper!

Thank you for the suggestion – I received another response that is looking like it's going to help me with my initial issue; however, I'll look at the link you provided. I appreciate you responding to my question!