• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

I just migrated my site from another hosting company to GoDaddy Hosted Wordpress.  I did a manual migration as the automatic did not work.

I followed the process for manual migration and after copying the content and the database from the old hosting company to GoDaddy, and modifying the tables as directed, the site is up and running, but I am unable to manage it as I get a "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page." error whenever I try to go to my \wp-admin\ page.

I tried setting wp_debug and wp_debug_log to true in the config.php but nothing shows up on the page or in the log when this issue occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
    Helper VI Helper VI
    Helper VI

Re: Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Disable all your plugins and enable them 1 by 1 and keep checking if the problem comes back after enabling each.
    ~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

How might I go about disabling my plugins if I can't get to my dashboard.

Also, aren't there some plugins that have to be running on the Hosted Wordpress for it to work properly?

Solution

I discover this message “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page” mostly occur when various WordPress sites are in the same phpMyAdmin – all bearing the same table prefix, irrespective of the database name. I can’t tell how many WordPress sites are expected to be in the same phpMyAdmin with the same table prefix. Its resolved here http://www.naijatechzone.com/wp-admin-login-error-sorry-you-are-not-allowed-to-access-this-page/

Hi all

I move the webiste from local to host but i get this messsage too.

i deleted my theme and plugin too but still is not working.

please help .