cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Wordpress troubleshooting

hello!

im new here and a foreigner so ill try to explain the best i can.

yesterday i purchased the domain together with the wordpress hosting, i managed to build my website through webside builder personal vnext, but when i click on the manage button in the managed wordpress area it shows me nothing but the circle which keeps on running and on top right the create site button. when i click the create website button, yet again, nothing. i wish i could somehow transfer the website on wordpress so i could manage it though my phone. also, when i try to connect through the wordpress app on my iphone it says that at my website there is no valid wordpress site. when i try to connect on the website with my email it says that the user does not exist, and when i connect with my username and try my password it says it doesnt match. i wish that i could control my website on my cell phone because its much easier and i could post on my blog more easily. please, help me. many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Wordpress troubleshooting

@theyoungmoms 

1) Can you provide the domain you are trying to get setup

2) You should be able to manage the site via the WordPress app - the biggest thing here is you need to make sure it is the "self hosted" option

3) Can you post a screen capture of the Hosting Panel (where you click Manage)

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites

sure thing.

the domain is www.theyoungmoms.com

how do i apply the self host option?

2019-06-11 (1).png2019-06-11 (2).png2019-06-11.png

Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@theyoungmoms 

Ok - So you have both Go Central (Website Builder) and Managed WordPress - These are 2 different products / offerings

In order to point your domain to Managed WordPress, you will need to first remove the domain from the GoCentral account- My guess is that is why you are having issues getting into the WordPress site

okay,but by doing that will the website that i built be erased or is there a possibility that i can transfer it just the way it is?

Super User II
    Super User II

It is not possible to transfer the GoDaddy GoCentral web builder to
    WordPress they are two very different systems
    --
    Philip Levine
    President
    South Florida Web Advisors, Inc.
    http://www.sflwa.net
    7525 Northport Drive
    Boynton Beach, FL 33472
    561-337-7806
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Hi @theyoungmoms ,

As @PL281 said there is no direct way to transfer content between the two platforms.  When I've had to do this I copied/pasted all of my content into notepad++ (so that it does not carry html codes during the copy/paste) and did the "right-click save" for all of my images.  Its much easier if you get as much as your content all together and in one place before beginning.  For example, you can upload all of your images to the media library with a single drag/drop if you have them all in the same folder on your pc. 

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites