• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

how to setup premium wordpress theme

Hi,

I have the GoDaddy managed wordpress service and I have bought a premium theme from some other website.

Now i want to install this theme to wordpress hosting service at GoDaddy. How can i do it?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Advocate VII

Hi @swa1345,

After you have gone through the manage wp server setup wizard, you can navigate to Appearance>Themes>New and then follow the dialogue to install your new theme.  Good theme providers typically have a video of the installation from a normal 2016 (or similar free theme) to their theme.  Depending on the theme's functional options you may have to go through a process of "install required plugins" in order for the site to function.  Take a few and check out the documentation if its handy it may save you a world of headache as you encounter the configuration options available in many premium themes.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Advocate VII

Hi @swa1345,

After you have gone through the manage wp server setup wizard, you can navigate to Appearance>Themes>New and then follow the dialogue to install your new theme.  Good theme providers typically have a video of the installation from a normal 2016 (or similar free theme) to their theme.  Depending on the theme's functional options you may have to go through a process of "install required plugins" in order for the site to function.  Take a few and check out the documentation if its handy it may save you a world of headache as you encounter the configuration options available in many premium themes.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

Hi

thanks for your reply below. I also have wordpress hosting with godaddyWhen I goto Appearance>Themes>New  there is no option to add new...  just 3 themes that are already installed

I would like to install a theme I grought from themforest

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated :0)