cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An attempt was made to make payment, however, it failed.

I am from Pakistan and I have recently sold a domain and the funds were cleared and the domain was transferred to the buyer. I received an email on 27th July 2018 stating that,

"We have verified that the buyer's funds have been received. You will receive the net proceeds from the sale in 1-2 business days. No further action is required."

On 1st August when the funds were still not transferred to my payee account (The only payment method available for Pakistan is wire transfer), I email at auctions@godaddy.com asking about the reason for the delay. After 2 days on 3rd August, they replied back,

"Thank you for contacting AfterMarket Support.  An attempt was made to make payment, however, it failed.  I need to gather more information from our accounting team."

The reason was not clear. I called at the support phone number "+1 480 463 8811" and Alvin told me that I have to call at a different time as all the customer representative who can give more information about my problem are away and might be sleeping (so much so for the 24/7 Helpline). I called after 12 hours and waited for12 minutes for getting connected to a representative as all were busy in helping customers (I was calling from an international number and if every time I have to wait like this then my phone bill will become more then the funds I have to receive from GoDaddy). After a representative was available I explained to him the issue. He asked me to wait more and then after 5 minutes he told me that "It seems like the Swift Code you mentioned for the Payee account is not correct". I then double checked with my Bank and the swift code is 100% correct and valid.

Now I am confused here. I feel like GoDaddy is playing with me and want to hold the funds more (that is my feeling as most Banks do the same thing). Each time I have to email, I have to wait for 48 to 72 hours to get a response. On phone, they are not resolving the issue and it is very problematic. What can I do in this case? Has this happened to anyone else also? My Bank Account detail are valid but the response from GoDaddy is so slow that just to give my response and get a response back, I have to wait a lot. This could take months if communication continued like this. There is no chat options available and only option I have is email and phone. 

1 REPLY 1

Hello @adnanyaseen,

Thank you for being a part of GoDaddy Community. I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your funds. Unfortunately, you'll need to contact our live support. As this is not a support forum, no one here in the community would have access to your account to try to get this fixed. Here is how they can be reached: https://godaddy.com/community/Account-Management/Godaddy-Customer-Support-contact-phone-numbers-for-....

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support