cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't resolve my A record or MX record with dns.google

So about a month ago I tried directing my domain (sardjoe.net) to the ip 185.227.74.114 but I still get an error trying to resolve my domain name. Can anyone see what i'm doing wrong?

(I'm using hotmail as my email server)

nslookup.PNG

Godaddy.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @suraj_22 One thing that could cause this type of problem would be if you had set custom DS records in our DNS manager. When I dig the DNS for your domain using the nameservers in your screenshot, I do see that they're returning an A record. However when I look at the global propagation for your domain, I don't see those nameservers reporting everywhere. If you had set DS records under DNSSEC settings for the domain, they will only work if you're using custom nameservers. If you have done so, you'll need to remove any DS records to allow full propagation. 

If that doesn't help, you'll need to continue working with our care team as there seems to be something amiss. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User IV

@suraj_22 

I would try to add a record to your zone file - for example a cname of test pointing to google.com 

After a few hours I would check https://dnschecker.org/#NS/sardjoe.net and see if the first 5 are showing the DNS servers.

You can also call / chat with GoDaddy and ask them to refresh the zone file which re-submits it.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for your advise. I added the CNAME test.sardjoe.net to redirect to google.com and I waited for a few hours, the result where about the same. The first five dns servers on dnschecker.org couldn't resolve it. 

nslookup test sardjoe.PNG

So this morning I called Godaddy and they reset some records for it to propogate again. They told me it would be fixed in 90 min to 3 hours. Lets hope for the best.

After 3 hours still no changes to the records 😞

@suraj_22

I'm seeing the same thing - You'll need to talk with GoDaddy support again
as they are the only ones that can help resolve this.
I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Called Godaddy support. They told me that de dns zone was down and it would be fixed in 24 hours. So I checked and I still had the same problem. I was forced to call them again and the representative couldn't find the problem and asked the advanced technical support.

They told him they couldn't find any problems either. But I still couldn't resolve my domain. So after almost 30 minutes they said they will reconcile my dns zone file and this would fix it after 90 minutes. While i'm really scepticale about this "fix", I'm seriously frustated at this point and have called godaddy over 8 times already.

So the only way I think I can fix the problem is by finding another domain hosting company.

Hi @suraj_22,

Welcome to the Community!

Your domain is currently resolving to a simple page that reads "test" and an external lookup, shows the DNS is propagating. The A record on your domain would indicate that you are not hosting your website with GoDaddy, so you may want to contact your hosting provider for more information and assistance. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Community Manager

Hi @suraj_22 One thing that could cause this type of problem would be if you had set custom DS records in our DNS manager. When I dig the DNS for your domain using the nameservers in your screenshot, I do see that they're returning an A record. However when I look at the global propagation for your domain, I don't see those nameservers reporting everywhere. If you had set DS records under DNSSEC settings for the domain, they will only work if you're using custom nameservers. If you have done so, you'll need to remove any DS records to allow full propagation. 

If that doesn't help, you'll need to continue working with our care team as there seems to be something amiss. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post