cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling My Domain: Mission Impossible?

Dear friends,

The problem in a nutshell: I want to cancel one of my domains, but for some reason when I enter the domain management, the buttons for stopping the auto-update, and deleting it, are gone. Not like the other domain, which I want to keep.

Once or twice I got a popup note to contact the Godaddy administration support. As I am not in the US and a phone call would be too expensive, I tried to find a chat to write -- to no avail.

My sincere request: could you please help me cancel my first domain?

Respectfully,

Peter

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cancelling My Domain: Mission Impossible?

Hi @petkohinov. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that you have Protected Registration with the domain in question. There is a special process for canceling domains that use this service. Once you cancel the Protected Registration, you should be able to cancel the domain or change automatic renewal settings for it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you, @JesseW . I realised this and took steps to cancel it, but I got into a Catch-22 situation. The 2-step verification is impossible, because the system refused to send a code to my cellphone number, the latter being in Bulgaria, where I live. Thus, I cannot finish the cancelling process.

Any further suggestions?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@petkohinov I see. If you're not able to receive 2FA codes for some reason, you'd need to request the cancelation in a different way. You can do that by filling out the form here. FYI, this method requires that you provide personal identification. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you, @JesseW, I submitted the request. I need to delete the domain altogether, before the autorenewal date. Hope they can work it through by that time.

Sincerely yours, Peter