cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cannot change DNS servers to my own DNS server

Hi there,

I can't seem to change my name servers to my actual physical name server that I have running my domain. The domain is purchased and managed through Godaddy and is not a transfer. When I add the IP addresses and try to save, it gives an error and tells me to call support. I've done that only to be disconnected a couple of times after waiting for for almost 45 minutes each time.

Please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All sorted. Can't do it from the control panel, had to be done via the Godaddy Tech. My DNS server is now running the show. Everything working perfectly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@Akthar 

1) Have you tried a private browser

2) what is your domain and what are you trying to change the name servers to?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Tried the private browser thing and that made no difference. The domain was bought through Godaddy and I've set it up as an AD domain with a server running DNS, Cisco Routers, Static IPS etc. I've also created Exchange everything is operational on the inside as well as internet going out but I cannot seem to change to my own DNS server so The MX gateway is not working and won't work until I can take control of DNS. I've even created an MX record in the Godaddy setup and I can ping via IP but DNS does not resolve so it looks like the Godaddy DNS is not working at all. 

@Akthar 

Thank you for the information, but again, I ask what is your domain name and what are you trying to set the DNS servers to. NS1.????? and NS2.???????   Depending on the TLD there are sometimes restrictions.

Also if you are attempting to use your Active Directory DNS as your public DNS for the domain, I'm not sure if that is possible. At the very least I've never heard of anyone specifically doing that.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

All sorted. Can't do it from the control panel, had to be done via the Godaddy Tech. My DNS server is now running the show. Everything working perfectly.

View solution in original post