I tried to change my domain nameservers from default NS to ns1.box.dropboxx.co & ns2.box.dropbox.co, but I got his error in my email:
The modifications you requested for the domain dropboxx.co have failed.
Error: Object does not exist
Please contact GoDaddy for assistance.
Nameservers have automatically returned to default settings. Please I need help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
HI @Dakova. It looks like ns1|ns2.box.dropboxx.co have been registered as nameservers recently. The error may just have been due to them not having been fully registered yet. If you're still having this problem 48 hours after the hosts have been registered, you'll want to get in touch with our support team so they can have a closer look.
Did you ever get this sorted?
I've just contacted support and was told that for .co.uk (and .uk) domains, you cannot use custom name servers.
If this is true, then I'll be moving to another provider, but if the 24-48 hours wait worked, then I'll wait 🙂
Hi @dockstudios. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! You should be able to use custom nameservers for your .uk domains as long as they are already registered. For example, if you want to use ns1.domain.com as a nameserver for domain.co.uk, then whoever has the registration for domain.com would need to make sure that the ns1 host has been registered with their registrar. You may also need to enter the IP address for each nameserver when you are setting the custom nameservers for domain.co.uk. If the nameservers are already registered, then it should work. Hope that helps.
The NS servers I was looking to use have been working fine on numerous other domains that I have with another registrar.
As it turns out, if I use the same name servers, but via a .com DNS entry, it works fine.
For example, for my domain newdomain.co.uk, I wanted to use the nameservers ns1.mycompany.co.uk and ns2.mycompany.co.uk. But solved the issue by using ns1.mycompany.com and ns2.mycompany.com. However, these are still the same NS servers, so exactly the same configuration.
After changing the NS server domain, it worked perfectly without error.