cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Changing to my own nameservers - an error has occurred.

I have tried 3 times to change my nameservers to my own and keep getting the error:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nginx_4ever,

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to make the nameserver change? You may wish to take this action in a private/incognito browsing window to avoid any caching issues. If you're trying to use custom nameservers, you'll want to follow these instructions, using the "Hosted DNS" link at the bottom. And if you're using the nameservers your hosting provider has given to you, and they are not working/entering, you'll need to verify them with that provider. Be sure to have them confirm the IP address(s) used.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @nginx_4ever,

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to make the nameserver change? You may wish to take this action in a private/incognito browsing window to avoid any caching issues. If you're trying to use custom nameservers, you'll want to follow these instructions, using the "Hosted DNS" link at the bottom. And if you're using the nameservers your hosting provider has given to you, and they are not working/entering, you'll need to verify them with that provider. Be sure to have them confirm the IP address(s) used.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

I finally got it to work. The rest of godaddy works well, why is the domain name gui so slow?