cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

DNS CNAME Records not being Propagated with AWS Certificate

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem with adding a AWS certificate to a domain. Right now what I'm doing is go to Domains, then I select DNS in the specific domain I'm looking for. Then I add a new record of type CNAME with the AWS Certificate Manager information. 

The problem is that apparently the CNAME is not being propagated even after 72 hours of creating it, resulting in a validation timeout in AWS. I don't know if there's something I'm missing in the process. I'm still a newbie so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: DNS CNAME Records not being Propagated with AWS Certificate

Hi @jmromeroe. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The most common cause of what you're seeing is a misconfigured CNAME record. When creating the CNAME, make sure that the value you use for the host/name field does not include your full domain name. For example. If you have cooldomain.com and you want a CNAME for _xyz123verify.cooldomain.com, you'd just enter "_xyz123verify" in the host/name field. If you've done that but it's still not working, feel free to share your domain. That may help others provide further suggestions. You can also contact support to make sure there are no issues with the zone file for the domain. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @jmromeroe. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The most common cause of what you're seeing is a misconfigured CNAME record. When creating the CNAME, make sure that the value you use for the host/name field does not include your full domain name. For example. If you have cooldomain.com and you want a CNAME for _xyz123verify.cooldomain.com, you'd just enter "_xyz123verify" in the host/name field. If you've done that but it's still not working, feel free to share your domain. That may help others provide further suggestions. You can also contact support to make sure there are no issues with the zone file for the domain. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you! I'll try this right away. I think this will solve it.