cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

DNS Update hangs

Hi guys, brilliant idea, Godaddy giving up customer support and letting customers help other customers. Better than outsourcing to India, and it's free!   

Anyway, I may have posted the start of this twenty seven times because when you press "return" the thing posts whether you want to start a new line or not. So I won't start a new line. I'll just do a great big run on sentence. lol.

okay so what happens (I hope the customers can fix this) is that when I update my nameservers, the page hangs. There's no error message. So I changed the servers back to domaincontrol defaults, which it DOES, but then I changed them back to the proper DNS and the page hangs again.

Would any of you forum customers mind going and checking the server and maybe rebooting it? Or giving me some advice on how to not have the page hang? OR just as easily I can post my log in details and the domain name and have one of the forum customers change the DNS to " ns8.tenxhost.com" and  ns7.tenxhost.com

The domain is cantonwelding.com 

I could not find a knowledge base article for "page hangs when updating DNS" nor could I find a chat window or customer support form. 

If one of you thinks you have server credentials and can trouble shoot that please PM me and I can give you my account password.  

It's amazing the trust Godaddy has in the customers! Thanks! 

Thanks

Doc Johnson

TEL 770 977 5377 FAX 770 973 0301
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@koivet 

We are end users like you - so we don't have access to your account. I was able to format your post a bit and removed your user name.

So based on a quick lookup I did - I don't think that ns7 & ns8.tenxhost.com are valid name servers - so the reason that it is hanging is that GoDaddy is trying to validate them and it is failing.  One red flag is that both point to the same IP address - normally name servers should have different IPs (some domain extensions require this) so that if one goes down the other is there as a backup

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@koivet 

We are end users like you - so we don't have access to your account. I was able to format your post a bit and removed your user name.

So based on a quick lookup I did - I don't think that ns7 & ns8.tenxhost.com are valid name servers - so the reason that it is hanging is that GoDaddy is trying to validate them and it is failing.  One red flag is that both point to the same IP address - normally name servers should have different IPs (some domain extensions require this) so that if one goes down the other is there as a backup

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

You guys ROCK! 

Okay so it's not choking, all is well. It accepted and registered those. 

"Third times the charm" lol

Ya'll are the best. 

Doc Johnson

TEL 770 977 5377 FAX 770 973 0301