cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

DNS text record

I've updated DNS records in the past and usually the propagation is quite quick (< 10 minutes)

Today, I added a DNS text record (acme challenge for lets encrypt) and it's been two hours without the change propagating.

How long does this usually take? Is there a way to get notified once it's done, short of checking myself every 5 minutes?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: DNS text record

Hi @family-guy, thanks for posting.

While DNS changes can sometimes become effective very quickly, it's still not unusual for them to take up to 24 hours.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Thanks for your reply

It's been over 48 hours now, the text record still has not been added. Any ideas / can someone at Godaddy please take a look at this (I called customer support but got cut off, was on a train, and no one called me back)

Hi @family-guy, thanks for following up.

If you are still having trouble, feel free to follow up with the domain name and the record you were trying to add. Perhaps another Community member can take a look and let you know what they see.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Solution

I used a different method in the end, but I think the problem is one of terminology:

godaddy have a "Name" and "Value", and you may find others referring to a `name` and `value`

However, in godaddy I set "Name" equal to `@` and "Value" to `{name}={value}` as supposed to "Name" to `name` and "Value" to `value` which is what I initially did

The record updated within 10 minutes