cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Deleted and recreated addon domain, now WordPress site is broken, is there hope?

I was trying to add an SSL certificate I purchased from godaddy to my addon domain, sadly I took up on a suggestion to delete and recreate the addon domain.

Now only some sub-pages load with broken image links, but the homepage is not accessible at all.

Is there any hope of fixing it, or should start everything from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Soni 

Good news

http://fadbuzz.com/

and http://fadbuzz.com/wp-login.php worked - I had to do a private window as it was a local cache issue - You should be back up and running now

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Super User IV

@Soni 

Long story short is it depends - if when you deleted the addon domain it deleted the folder as well - yes you may have some issues, if it is just a path issue though and the files are there you should be able to fix that

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

The folder on the server is there, but when I try to access the site I get "Future of something quite cool", the default GoDaddy landing page.

@Soni 

Can you post a screen capture of your domains list in the cpanel and the file manager - it sounds like it is just pointing to the wrong folder

@PL281 

I suppose the database doesn't get altered when deleting addon domains, could it also be something to do with the DNS records?

Here are the images btw:

Screenshot_4.jpgScreenshot_1.jpg

@Soni 

I'm guessing the issue is with the SSL  - I would go into the database and change https to http In the wp-options table for the home url and site url

I was able to get to https://soniromanov.com/fadbuzz.com/wp-login.php

@PL281 

I just changed them, and the problem still persists. If I try to log in through the address you linked it gives me a 404 Error.

I'm going to ask super stupid question: Is it normal to have different NS record for domain and addon domain? Even though they are hosted on the same server.

P.S. I can't alter those values there is no edit button to the default assigned NS records.

@Soni 

1) Regarding the DNS - unless you are using the cPanel for the DNS which I don't think you are - that shouldn't be an issue

2) I was still about to get the login page and it's still trying to load the graphics / etc over HTTPS - do you have a plugin like really simple ssl installed on the site?

@PL281 

No I don't have Really Simple SSL plugin on my wordpress sites.

I hope to resolve this issue soon so I can stop bugging you. Thanks a lot for looking into it.

If you need any more screenshots let me know.

@Soni 

Can you do a screen shot of the database update just so I can that in the wp-options table 

Again there are 2 records - site url and home url

@PL281 

Screenshot_2.jpg

@Soni 

Good news

http://fadbuzz.com/

and http://fadbuzz.com/wp-login.php worked - I had to do a private window as it was a local cache issue - You should be back up and running now

View solution in original post

@PL281 

Can't thank you enough. I know the site is 1% done, but I spent so much time on editing things that are not even published yet including the GDPR page. So this saved me few days of re-doing everything in the background.

Thanks a lot!

Now I guess I'm off to creating a new topic on how to add SSL certificate to an addon domain 😄