cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Forward Using CloudFlare

I have purchased a domain to be the short form of an existing domain. I have added a forwarder on the domain using cloudflare. 

As per the page rule, the domain A should be forwarded to domain B. 

But when I open vkapoor.co, it does not always forward to the main website. 

Sometime it happens and sometimes it does not. 

Also, when I change the nameservers, the propagation takes more than 24 hours for some domains. Is there some issue with my Godaddy account or I should check with Cloudflare support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @vashishtha and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am not an expert or have any experience in using Cloudflare but I was able to locate a previous GoDaddy Community post that had a similar issue. I recommend reviewing the thread, Cloudfare users provided solutions that solved the issue and the thread will provide better insight than I.

As far as changing name servers for your domain, please allow up to 48 hours for all changes to take full effect. During this time, your website, email and other domain services may be interrupted. 

I hope this has been helpful with your troubleshooting process and if you have resolved the issue before my response, do you mind sharing how? Have a great rest of your weekend 😎.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Employee

Hello @vashishtha and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am not an expert or have any experience in using Cloudflare but I was able to locate a previous GoDaddy Community post that had a similar issue. I recommend reviewing the thread, Cloudfare users provided solutions that solved the issue and the thread will provide better insight than I.

As far as changing name servers for your domain, please allow up to 48 hours for all changes to take full effect. During this time, your website, email and other domain services may be interrupted. 

I hope this has been helpful with your troubleshooting process and if you have resolved the issue before my response, do you mind sharing how? Have a great rest of your weekend 😎.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

If you are using Cloudflare DNS, changes to your nameservers are propagated somewhere between 15-45 seconds sent to all edges across the world.
Let me know if you need any additional support with Cloudflare.

Community Manager, Cloudflare