cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Domain Redirection Challenge

Hi everybody, i had wanted to forward a new registered domain with .xyz extension to a site but the url bar to fill in the site name was not populated.How do i solve the problem please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Domain Redirection Challenge

@olufontech 

At this point I'm going to say that the best course of action is to reach out to GoDaddy support as there is something with this domain / your account. Since we are end users we are not able to access your information - You are doing everything correctly and are in the correct place.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@olufontech 

I'm not sure specifically what you mean by the url bar was not populated.... For GoDaddy domain forwarding you go to https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.COM/dns

Replacing YOURDOMAIN.COM with the actual domain.

In the lower right corner you will find the forwarding feature where you can enter the URL you want to forward to.

You have the option of with  or without masking - 

Masking means that the entire site actually loads in a frame and the URL doesn't change in the address bar

Without masking means you will see the URL you are forwarding to.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

Very grateful for your reply PL. No soluton

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@olufontech 

I'm sorry my reply was not helpful - Perhaps you can post a screen capture where you are referring to the bar not being populated.

Highlighted

PL below is the screenshot of where the url bar should be but it is not shown.

gdaddy.PNGnote; the url field for the domain to be redirected to  to be filled is not shown

l am also findng it diffcult to verify my email. when l click the lin in my email it states verifed but after some hours it goes back to not verify

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@olufontech 

What is the full URL of the page you are on where you took that screen capture... 

I believe that is one of the GoDaddy "Wizard" screens to help automatically set a template / DNS settings - 

Whereas  https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.COM/dns  is the DNS managed that bypasses the wizard and allows you to edit the forwarding settings to anywhere - not just a specific service.

Highlighted

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@olufontech 

That is correct URL to us and it should load the DNS manager - what is the error you are getting?

Highlighted

see below the error;

godaddy2.PNG

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@olufontech 

At this point I'm going to say that the best course of action is to reach out to GoDaddy support as there is something with this domain / your account. Since we are end users we are not able to access your information - You are doing everything correctly and are in the correct place.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Pl, thanks for beind with me all these days. I will try another registrar. God bless you.