cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain and Domain DNS Management

I have been a GoDaddy customer for over 15 years. Many of them as a reseller, managing over 1,000 domain names among other products.

Recent issues with domain management are really frustrating. The domains appear when i enter a client's account via the Pro dashboard, then when you click all domains, no domains appear. If i use the DNS at the navigation menu at the top to try and get to the domain from a different angle I get a page where i type the domain name, it is then displayed as a suggested domain the system found in the account, but when selected, you get a blank page again.

it is practically impossible to get to the domain DNS management. 

I have tried different browsers as well to no avail. 

I have tried logging in directly using the customer's credentials instead of going through the Pro dashboard and got same result.

I have experienced this several months ago (!) and keep experiencing it till now.

What is going on?

This is horrible.

I expect (much) more from a company this size as the largest domain registrar managing many millions of domain names (i believe its over 22 million domains).

This should work flawlessly, and when things break, it should not take months to fix them.

I hope this gets fixed very soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@themagician 

It sounds like you are using delegated access to update domains in your clients accounts. There was an update  (~ November 2019) in that within the domain management tool under settings there is delegated access and they need to give access there as well. Delegated access granted since November 2019 works fine.

This has been posted a few times in the community, at this time there is no work around for this.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@themagician 

It sounds like you are using delegated access to update domains in your clients accounts. There was an update  (~ November 2019) in that within the domain management tool under settings there is delegated access and they need to give access there as well. Delegated access granted since November 2019 works fine.

This has been posted a few times in the community, at this time there is no work around for this.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thank you for your reply, and you are correct about delegated access.

While this may work once the client takes (another) action, i still find it strange GoDaddy displays a blank page or a random error when a developer tries to manage DNS for a domain they already have access to. The reasonable thing to do is to display an error message that clarifies the issue and one which the developer can use to contact their client and resolve on their own. The current scenario causes confusion, and frustration, and results in folks calling GoDaddy, and wasting not only their time but also the GoDaddy supper rep which they pay for.

All this can be avoided with a simple notification that takes about 20 seconds to add in the right place.

Maybe I am expecting too much? but as the largest registrar I would expect a message to go out to everyone who uses the pro dashboard as well as their clients to clarify the change and be just as diligent in tracking who took action as when your domain about to expire.

i don't recall receiving such an email, nor seeing any notification in my pro dash.

It appears, common sense is not too common in GoDaddy.

I will try your suggestion, I trust this will work as you seem confident.

Thank you for taking the time to assist.