cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Domain and delux host in different godaddy accounts, how to point the domain to a subfolder of host?

Hello, I'm looking for step by step instructions on how to do this. What should I do in the account that has the domain? what in the account that has the deluxe host?

The client doesn't want to transfer the domain to my account. Also the domain shouldn't just redirect to my domain, like www.A.com shoudln't just take you to www.B.com, but it should stay in www.A.com when you go there.

I found like 3 answers after googling it but they were too old and vague so I was unable to follow them after trying a lot. I'm not expert.

Is this possible? What are the steps I should follow?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain and delux host in different godaddy accounts, how to point the domain to a subfolder of h

@goldernie wrote:

Hello, I'm looking for step by step instructions on how to do this. What should I do in the account that has the domain? what in the account that has the deluxe host?

The client doesn't want to transfer the domain to my account. Also the domain shouldn't just redirect to my domain, like www.A.com shoudln't just take you to www.B.com, but it should stay in www.A.com when you go there.

I found like 3 answers after googling it but they were too old and vague so I was unable to follow them after trying a lot. I'm not expert.

Is this possible? What are the steps I should follow?

Thanks.

@goldernie although this isn't my area of expertise I believe once you purchase the hosting plan you'll be able to set the domain, the domain doesn't have to be in the same account or even held at Godaddy. You'll just need the owner of the domain to update the nameservers provided to you once you purchase the hosting plan.

---

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Domain and delux host in different godaddy accounts, how to point the domain to a subfolder of h

That's pretty close @justingodfrey Smiley Wink

Hey @goldernie. You essentially need to do two things. First, add the domain to the hosting plan, and second, update the domain's A Record to point to the IP address of your hosting plan. The process to add a domain to a hosting plan depends on the type of hosting you have. Take a look at this post for more information on figuring that out. If the domain isn't currently using GoDaddy nameservers, you may need to park it first. You can find the instructions on updating an A Record here. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.