cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain appears parked sometimes?

I'm honestly not 100% sure this is a GoDaddy issue.

I created a simple static website hosted on github pages, and setup the DNS to point at the repository with the source files. The CNAME is configured correctly, and as far as I can tell the rest of the DNS looks good. Visiting the website (www.svaught.com) works as intended most of the time.

If I link the website as svaught.com (no www) it will sometimes forward to a parked page, and sometimes work. Any idea on how to at least get consistent behavior?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User III

@Svaught598   It looks like the domain is pointing to parking and another hosting provider, with conflicting records one will be selected at random when a visitor tries to access your website.  Make sure to delete this record.

Host/namePoints to/value
@34.102.136.180

View solution in original post

Just in case anyone has the same issue, I had an A record that was set to Parked. I misunderstood the purpose of this record (for some reason thought that it was necessary..?) and totally forgot about it. Anyway, deleting that record fixed everything, many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III

@Svaught598   It looks like the domain is pointing to parking and another hosting provider, with conflicting records one will be selected at random when a visitor tries to access your website.  Make sure to delete this record.

Host/namePoints to/value
@34.102.136.180

Just in case anyone has the same issue, I had an A record that was set to Parked. I misunderstood the purpose of this record (for some reason thought that it was necessary..?) and totally forgot about it. Anyway, deleting that record fixed everything, many thanks!