cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Domain forwarding requires a refresh

Pardon if in the wrong section.  I actually use my URL to redirect to my Steemit profile. As of lately, while visiting my www.izlude.com   it takes me to a "cannot be reached" however simply refreshing the page makes it work.  I don't think my visitors will be refreshing he page and actually think the website either doesn't exist or is down etc...

What is the cause for this and does GoDaddy have to fix it on their end?

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Domain forwarding requires a refresh

Hi @izlude. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! This is actually an issue our developers are looking at right now. In some cases, when people visit domains that use forwarding, there is a momentary error which requires a browser refresh to get past. It appears to be intermittent and not occurring on all networks. Once a solution has been found, I'll update here. Until then, you may wish to investigate other ways to forward your domain if you're concerned about losing traffic. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Is this issue fixed? I have the same issue... and I tried to re-forward the domain and couldn't do it. Please help.

New

Hi, I'm now monitoring to see if this is strictly only occurring on Edge browser. I haven't noticed it recently happening since I've been on my laptop more and it has Chrome (my desktop only has Edge). So far I haven't encountered the issue. I'll double check in the next few days between laptop and PC...
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @FT2  and @izlude. Our developers have determined that this is an unintended side-effect of security measures we've put in place to protect the integrity of our services. This type of security is usually put in place when we detect a large increase in invalid/malicious traffic. Our security teams and developers are working together to find a solution. Once I have more information, I will update here. Thanks for your patience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am having the same issue as well.

Hopefully it can be resolved soon

Same issue here. My domain goes to someone else's business site within the same company and not my business site. No bueno!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mdnabors. Thanks for posting. This actually sounds like a different issue than what's discussed above. If it's still occurring, I suggest reviewing the post here to learn more about what kind of information you can supply to help others offer suggestions, then create a new topic. Thanks!