cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain not connecting to hosting

On 7/29 I bought business hosting and a domain from GoDaddy. I configured everything correctly (I believe) yet 5 days later when I go to the link, I get a message saying the server is not live. The A records are pointed correctly. I'm also unable to verify ownership of the domain (i tried both ways, editing txt records and uploading an HTML file) as when I hit verify, the button just spins and does nothing. The domain says 'dns only (off-site)', which google says that means that I didn't buy the domain through Godaddy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@matsey1879 

The domain is not registered - this is why it is showing as hosted - If you were supposed to registered this as part of your hosting, I suggest you call support so that it can get registered correctly.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@matsey1879 

When you are at https://account.godaddy.com/products is the domain listed there - I have seen from time to time where the domain purchase doesn't complete. If that is the case you will need to reach out to support to help with that.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Yes, however it is listed as dns only (off site)

@matsey1879 

What is your domain name?

@matsey1879 

The domain is not registered - this is why it is showing as hosted - If you were supposed to registered this as part of your hosting, I suggest you call support so that it can get registered correctly.

View solution in original post