cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy Auction Issue

On Jul 28, 2020, 2:39 PM I won a domain name on Godaddy Auction and I received the email confirmation of the order number with the invoice and Receipt number.

Jul 29, 2020, 9:58 AM I received an email stating "We're issuing you a refund."

On Jul 29, 2020, 10:14 AM I received an email stating "The enclosed items have been canceled."
After calling a GoDaddy representative I was told that they can cancel an auction if they want. This domain is worth millions of dollars for my business. I am losing a contract with a big corporation because of this domain. Any ideas on how to proceed? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

When you say SCAM I'm guessing that you aren't referring to Standard Content Archive Management @DomainLaw? I could be wrong though, context is occasionally difficult to gather via text? 

With regard to domain auctions, a million things can go wrong and I've learned through failure to wait on the chicken to hatch (if you know what I mean). I chose can't speak to you specific issue because I don't know the circumstances. What I can say is, it can be difficult when you have a costumer on both sides of the process. In my dealings with the GoDaddy Auctions team I can say but one thing. I have not always been happy with my outcome but I have never been disappointed with the customer service and effort of the Auctions team.

If you're like me you have several domain names for a project? My advice is that you go with your second, third or fourth project choice. I have been in that situation where my initial domain choice didn't work out for a project but down the line I can't imagine any other domain name. Please contact the GoDaddy Auctions team or perhaps even the Domain Broker Services team. A good domain broker will present you with alternatives that you may not have otherwise considered? It sounds like (given the project) you have a healthy budget and I'm sure there a great domain name is out there waiting for you. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Super User IV

@DomainLaw 

To add to what @rd  has said, there are some specific terms to the GoDaddy auction system - for example if it is an expired domain but still within the redemption period, the original owner could still redeem the domain. Also depending on the type of auction (buy now / reserve / etc) that some of these auctions allow the original owner to cancel the auction after it has concluded. If you reach out to the auctions team they maybe able to provide some additional information.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

When you say SCAM I'm guessing that you aren't referring to Standard Content Archive Management @DomainLaw? I could be wrong though, context is occasionally difficult to gather via text? 

With regard to domain auctions, a million things can go wrong and I've learned through failure to wait on the chicken to hatch (if you know what I mean). I chose can't speak to you specific issue because I don't know the circumstances. What I can say is, it can be difficult when you have a costumer on both sides of the process. In my dealings with the GoDaddy Auctions team I can say but one thing. I have not always been happy with my outcome but I have never been disappointed with the customer service and effort of the Auctions team.

If you're like me you have several domain names for a project? My advice is that you go with your second, third or fourth project choice. I have been in that situation where my initial domain choice didn't work out for a project but down the line I can't imagine any other domain name. Please contact the GoDaddy Auctions team or perhaps even the Domain Broker Services team. A good domain broker will present you with alternatives that you may not have otherwise considered? It sounds like (given the project) you have a healthy budget and I'm sure there a great domain name is out there waiting for you. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Super User IV

@DomainLaw 

To add to what @rd  has said, there are some specific terms to the GoDaddy auction system - for example if it is an expired domain but still within the redemption period, the original owner could still redeem the domain. Also depending on the type of auction (buy now / reserve / etc) that some of these auctions allow the original owner to cancel the auction after it has concluded. If you reach out to the auctions team they maybe able to provide some additional information.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community