cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How to link GoDaddy hosted WP site to different domain also on GD?

Hello - Any help is appreciated!

All domains, hosting etc are within GoDaddy.

I've been building a GD hosted Word Press site on our spare abc.net domain.

I now want to put it live on our main domain abc.com.  The current abc.com has a site hosted on cPanel(?) which I want to stop using.

I don't know how to point abc.com to the WP site hosted on abc.net.  If I understand it correctly, I don't think I want to forward abc.com to abc.net... I want people to type abc.com and stay there.

I'm probably using some terms badly - I'm a bit new to GD and WP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: How to link GoDaddy hosted WP site to different domain also on GD?

@SanDiego, this article should help you out on switching the domain, https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-domain-16322

Let me know if that helps. Should just be as simple as changing the primary domain of the WordPress mention in the article. I know that's how it is for me. Just note, DNS changes can take 24-48 hours to replicate. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

@SanDiego, I think I know what you're asking. Is your .com and .net both hosted on the same server?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Highlighted

@davisdre317, the .com is being hosted on Magento with cPanel 

and the .net is hosted on GoDaddy/WordPress 

I believe I'm saying this all correctly...

Is that what you're asking?  

Thanks much!

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@SanDiego, this article should help you out on switching the domain, https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-domain-16322

Let me know if that helps. Should just be as simple as changing the primary domain of the WordPress mention in the article. I know that's how it is for me. Just note, DNS changes can take 24-48 hours to replicate. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

View solution in original post