cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Nameservers want two IP addresses.

Godaddy DNS nameserver change over wants 2 ip addresses plus the nameserver  to point. Hostgator has only provided me with 1 IP address. 50.87.145.89. I need to point leitinger.international  to ns4015.hostgator.com and ns4016.hostgator.com and I cant. What do I do in godaddy DNS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Nameservers want two IP addresses.

@leitinger 

Generally speaking when updating DNS servers you "shouldn't" need the IP address - In the GoDaddy DNS manager you want to do change name servers - some people select hosts at the bottom of the page instead - Hosts is only used when doing NS1.YOURDOMAIN.COM and NS2.YOURDOMAIN.COM

If for some reason you've done change name servers and it is still asking for IP - it's possible it is something with that TLD....

ns4015 = 50.87.144.108

ns4016 = 50.87.145.78

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Nameservers want two IP addresses.

@leitinger 

Generally speaking when updating DNS servers you "shouldn't" need the IP address - In the GoDaddy DNS manager you want to do change name servers - some people select hosts at the bottom of the page instead - Hosts is only used when doing NS1.YOURDOMAIN.COM and NS2.YOURDOMAIN.COM

If for some reason you've done change name servers and it is still asking for IP - it's possible it is something with that TLD....

ns4015 = 50.87.144.108

ns4016 = 50.87.145.78

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post