cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Need help pointing nameservers to my web host

Hello,

I decided to point my website to Facebook and did not realize that when the domain name is entered, it just shows my Facebook page. I do not want that so I cancel the pointing but I notice that my name servers have changed so my website is not visible. I am registered and hosted with 000webhost.com but my name servers now show ns69.domaincontrol.com so I tried to change this manually to my previous ns01 and ns02.000webhost.com but the changes are not accepted or cannot be saved. Help please, I need to get this up and running as it was. Many thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Need help pointing nameservers to my web host

@galan46 

If you go to https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/tony-metaldetecting.info/dns  does the main A record have a pencil next to it.

If it does you "should" be able to update the name servers now. You may have been in a case where because you had the forwarding enabled it had to update the DNS and while that was happening you couldn't update the name serves.

The other option is to recreate your zone file at GoDaddy and leave the name servers where they are.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@galan46 

You can use a site like DNSTrails.com and put in the domain to get the old Zone file information

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@galan46 

What is your domain?

Highlighted

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@galan46 

If you go to https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/tony-metaldetecting.info/dns  does the main A record have a pencil next to it.

If it does you "should" be able to update the name servers now. You may have been in a case where because you had the forwarding enabled it had to update the DNS and while that was happening you couldn't update the name serves.

The other option is to recreate your zone file at GoDaddy and leave the name servers where they are.

Highlighted

Yes, it has a pencil by the A record. I have entered my WebHost name servers manually once again and this time the Save link worked but I believe I will have to wait sometime before the changes take place? If it doesn't, how do I recreate my zone file?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@galan46 

You can use a site like DNSTrails.com and put in the domain to get the old Zone file information

Highlighted

Thanks. I have just visited the DNSTrails website and all my details are showing correctly, ie:

Hostinger International Limited
ns02.000webhost.com
ns01.000webhost.com

But my website is not accessible and I dont know what else I am to do?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@galan46 

I just checked and got your site (picture of a field of cows) - you probably just have propagation at this point - so you'll need to wait for the domain to full update around the world

Highlighted

All is working as it should now, many thanks for your help