cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Need help with Name Server Propagation issues

Hi All,

We are using our own server with a domain registered with godaddy.

I have changed the DNS to custom nameservers ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com

I have created Host Names for ns1 and ns2 with correct public IP addresses.

Its been almost a week and the NS records only show few places in the world that propagate the correct Nameservers:

dns.jpg

Not sure how to correct this.  Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: NS Propagation issues

Hey there!

Based on the information some of the tools I use are giving me, you are probably using the wrong nameservers. For your domain, it shows me that they should be NS15.domaincontrol.com & NS16.domaincontrol.com. 

If that doesn't work, you'll need to call into support or join live support as it would be a hardware issue that needs to be addressed by them.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Re: NS Propagation issues

MrVapor,

Thanks for your comment.

I spoketo godaddy, they are not able to find any faults with domain DNS.

I have since changed the DNS back to godaddy nameservers, going to wait 48 hours and then try again, changing back to custom DNS.

The https://dnschecker.org/#NS/skypto.com is now showing ns16.domaincontrol.com and ns15.domaincontrol.com on majority of results, strangly there are 5 that still show ns1.skypto.com, these are the same  ones that did propagate after 48 hours, but after a week, all the other DNS servers came back with a null apart from those 5 locations.

Hopefully the reset will work ;-).