cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Please help with deleted DNS TXT defaults!

Hi! I could use some help...

Yesterday I went into my DNS to authenticate my ESP. Instead of adding new TXT files to my DNS, I mistakenly replaced the two that were already there. I contacted customer service to ask for my default records. They said that there were NO default TXT files, whatever had been there I must have added myself. So here's the deal--clearly I am no techie. I don't play with my DNS much and I have NO recollection of adding anything there. Is it true that there are no default TXT in GoDaddy? If so, what could have been there? Is there anything I could have done that might have automatically populated these lines? Could I have erased something hugely important? As far as I can tell email and the site are working fine. The only things I have done recently are redirect my domain to my site, and set up the POP3/IMAP thing so that my Godaddy/Outlook email goes to my gmail now--but I didn't add any TXT files when I did those. Guidance appreciated because I have no idea what I did and I want to be sure my site is functional and secure before I launch next week. THANK YOU!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Please help with deleted DNS TXT defaults!

@magma 

If you go to http://dnstrails.com and put in your domain - then go to historical information and select TXT you "should" see the txt records

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Please help with deleted DNS TXT defaults!

@magma 

If you go to http://dnstrails.com and put in your domain - then go to historical information and select TXT you "should" see the txt records

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post