cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Point my domain to VPS with 3rd party host

Hi please i need help pointing my domain name to my new VPS with a third party.

They gave me IP and host name.

But when i try to update my name server its not going, telling me error, to contact support

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@Htdl 

Are you trying to update the DNS to be hosted on the 3rd party or just update the @ record to point to the IP??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for the reply

I want to update the @ record only if thats enough to point the domain to the server: I have already updated the @ record with the IP, without changing the host name( leaving the @) although my hosting provider gave me the host name, server1...... Is that enough, and please how long will it take for the changes to take effect?

Once again thank you

@Htdl 

What is your domain and what was the information they gave you?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community