cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Problem with domain/hosting

New to this so sorry if this isn't explained correctly, Anyway, I was recently tasked with building my jobs new website. The older website was done through Bluehost/Wordpress, and the domain was purchased through GoDaddy. I built the new website using squarespace and then connected the godaddy domain to the squarespace site. Afterwards, the domain URL would direct to the new website for most of the first day, but now for some reason it directs back to the Bluehost site (which is now suspended). When I check the domain on squarespace it says it is connected and all of the DNS says connected as well. What could the problem be? Since I purchased the domain through GoDaddy I would think all I had to do was connect the domain from godaddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

Re: Problem with domain/hosting

@Alopez92 

As you can see from here https://dnschecker.org/#A/greaterhudsonpromise.org the IP has updated around the world 

However when I checked https://securitytrails.com/domain/greaterhudsonpromise.org/history/a it still has the old name servers / IP address - i would give it until later today or tomorrow - it normally does refresh pretty quickly, but sometimes certain internet providers don't update as fast

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Alopez92 

What is your domain name?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

@PL281  my domain is greaterhudsonpromise.org

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Alopez92 

So the DNS is set correctly for squarespace.... only thing I can think of is if you are inside a corporate network - there maybe DNS settings you need to adjust inside your network as well

Highlighted

@PL281How do you mean?? Sorry, pretty new to it. We are a grassroots non-profit so we don;t have our own network if that;s what you're referring to. Could there be something withholding the domain still with Bluehost?? All very odd to me. Also I should add that it's only been roughly 18-20hrs and the original process said that in some cases it could take 24-72 for everything to work correctly, so maybe wait it out? Either way, thank you for your continued help, just hoping I can figure something out.

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

@Alopez92 

As you can see from here https://dnschecker.org/#A/greaterhudsonpromise.org the IP has updated around the world 

However when I checked https://securitytrails.com/domain/greaterhudsonpromise.org/history/a it still has the old name servers / IP address - i would give it until later today or tomorrow - it normally does refresh pretty quickly, but sometimes certain internet providers don't update as fast

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@PL281  Okay thank you, I will just give it more time. I saw those two links you sent and that;s really weird. I even went back into Bluehost and there isn't any option to remove the domain or change the nameservers on it, Very frustrating