cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Purchasing private registration with domains

We have purchased many domain names in the last couple of weeks. We have purchased private registration with each one. We have since received non-stop emails from engineregistrydoms.com to register all of them with them. I have reported these to Godaddy's abuse email but have not heard back from anyone. What is the point of purchasing private registration if it is still immediately being provided to spammers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Pamela1 

The private registration blocks your email / contact information from the WHOIS, however by default the WHOIS published email will forward to you. There is an option in the domain settings to bounce / block email sent to the WHOIS published email.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@Pamela1 

The private registration blocks your email / contact information from the WHOIS, however by default the WHOIS published email will forward to you. There is an option in the domain settings to bounce / block email sent to the WHOIS published email.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thank you! I will go through and change the domain settings for each one.