cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transferring domain name to GoDaddy from Squarespace

I bought my domain name a while back from Squarespace then realized I did not like the available formats to choose from.  I signed up with GoDaddy and created the website.  I did all the required tasks GoDaddy listed.  I received the confirmation email from GoDaddy stating everything was all set.  When I went to publish my domain name to my website I am getting the error stating the domain name is taken.  When I follow the step by step process and get to "I already own a domain" I hit a brick wall and nothing happens according to the step by step process.  I am getting frustrated and know it is something simple that I am not seeing.  

Thank you for your help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@InstrLunchbox wrote:

I bought my domain name a while back from Squarespace then realized I did not like the available formats to choose from.  I signed up with GoDaddy and created the website.  I did all the required tasks GoDaddy listed.  I received the confirmation email from GoDaddy stating everything was all set.  When I went to publish my domain name to my website I am getting the error stating the domain name is taken.  When I follow the step by step process and get to "I already own a domain" I hit a brick wall and nothing happens according to the step by step process.  I am getting frustrated and know it is something simple that I am not seeing.  

Thank you for your help.

@InstrLunchbox  Seems like you're receiving that error because the domain name is not held at or hosted with Godaddy. If you wish to transfer the domain to Godaddy you can do so here: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/domain-transfer?sp_hp=B&isc=cjc1off30

You'll need to unlock the domain name at SquareSpace and request the authorization code to initiate the transfer.

---

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help, the issue ended up being a DNS issue and the GoDaddy team helped on their end.  The issue has been resolved.  

3 REPLIES 3
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@InstrLunchbox wrote:

Thank you for your help.

@InstrLunchbox  Seems like you're receiving that error because the domain name is not held at or hosted with Godaddy. If you wish to transfer the domain to Godaddy you can do so here: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/domain-transfer?sp_hp=B&isc=cjc1off30

You'll need to unlock the domain name at SquareSpace and request the authorization code to initiate the transfer.

---

Thank you @justingodfrey , I did that and received the code, entered it and it is registered with GoDaddy.  

Thank you for your help, the issue ended up being a DNS issue and the GoDaddy team helped on their end.  The issue has been resolved.