cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website parked and can't figure out why

Hello, I'm not sure if i'm puting this on the right page but i have a problem that I can't figure out, so I have confirmed my email and I have entered in the ips that direct to my site (hosted on github) but my website still comes up with the parked website page. I was wondering if anyone could help me get it working, I have been trying to get it to work for the past three days and have still not been able to figure this out, I will be happy to answer and questions that you may have if it will help solve the problem. My website is http://realspaceonline.com

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Website parked and can't figure out why

The domain mentioned appears to be pointing to 50.63.202.62, a GoDaddy IP address.  This should be replaced with an IP address from the other provider.  You can choose one, or add more if you wish.  All for host @ should point to that provider.

https://help.github.com/en/articles/setting-up-an-apex-domain#configuring-a-records-with-your-dns-pr...

A record-

Host: @

Points to: [the IP address]

If you recently made the changes it usually takes about an hour or two, but can take up to 48 hours to complete.

the ips that I have set are the ones that github give me to point to my hosted website though, on my cpannel of godaddy i have a soa that says primary nameserver which is pointing to the parked page, I was wondering how I would go about removing that nameserver from my dns records

this is what it looks like on my end

Screenshot from 2019-06-12 17-43-27.png

Super User III

That looks good.  The nameservers are informative, that is where these DNS settings reside.  Or in other words if you change the nameservers your DNS settings here will no longer be active.

If it has been longer than 48 hours contact support directly with your user ID and pin handy so they can take a look into the issue.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

thank you very much

Super User III

No problem, hopefully this works out for you shortly.  Welcome to the community!

Hi @Pte_dubbs

An external look-up of your domain's DNS still shows the parked IP -- not the A records you show in your screenshot. Please update the records on the domain in the GoDaddy account so they will direct to the proper server for you. You can add/edit the records using these instructions. (Be sure to remove the parked IP address.)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support