cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

What needs to be in my DNS records to set up the url shortener correctly?

I need help to know what needs to be in my DNS records to set up the url shortener correctly. It was working just fine and now stopped. 

I tried previous solutions but nothing seems to be complete.

Please provide exact instructions for the lines to include in the records as well as in the Forward section. 

There seems to be no real direction on Godaddy about url shortener. When I called, the person said that this is not a product they support so he didn't get training on it.

I tried to use http://184.168.131.241 but was not sure about the rest of the choices.

184.168.131.241 took too long to respond

I also read these posts and had used the instructions but it is not working anymore. https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/issue-with-subdomain-forwarding-to-a-short-url/m-...

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @dnvservices and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. Are you using a domain name in the URL shortener or an IP address? Here are the instructions to shorten URLs via the GoDaddy Help Guide and the step-by-step instructions to forward your domain via the GoDaddy Help Guide

From my understanding, IP addresses may not be supported in the URL shortener and a custom domain must be used instead. If you are still encountering this error after following the guides provided, this may be the reason why it is not working. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope these guides have been helpful with troubleshooting your issue.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @dnvservices and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. Are you using a domain name in the URL shortener or an IP address? Here are the instructions to shorten URLs via the GoDaddy Help Guide and the step-by-step instructions to forward your domain via the GoDaddy Help Guide

From my understanding, IP addresses may not be supported in the URL shortener and a custom domain must be used instead. If you are still encountering this error after following the guides provided, this may be the reason why it is not working. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope these guides have been helpful with troubleshooting your issue.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post