cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

is it possible to change the domain name?

Hi
Dear, my current domain is yamasu-group.com I want to change it to yamasugroup.com is it possible?

9 REPLIES 9
Solution

Re: is it possible to change the domain name?

Greetings @yamasugroup

Welcome, let's see if I can help. Well, first, you can't trade the domain if that's what you mean. Each domain is a separate registration and once you've had it 5 days, it's yours.

If you mean switching it on your hosting, if the domain is available, you can switch the name on any paid hosting with us. Just sure to edit if you have hard-coded references to the prior domain anywhere.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi,

Same concern, I would like to modify my domain name

Could you please tell me where exactly it is possible to modify the domain name?  

Thanks in advance

Romane

You can't modify your domain name once you own it

Your only option is to buy the new one that you want, if it is available.

New

If I'm into the 5 days, what can I do to change my domain? Can I cancel the domain and get a new one without extra fee? I have a typo in the domain and I just want to remove one letter

Hi @TBJ-WK

You cannot modify an existing domain name. If you are within the refund timeframe you will want to cancel the misspelled domain name, then contact our support team for a In-Store credit refund. That credit can be used towards the purchase of the correct domain. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Solution

What is the refund timeframe for any domain? 

Not all domain names have the same refund timeframe. Check out our refund policy here.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
New

What do you mean when you say hosting?
“If you mean switching it on your hosting, if the domain is available, you can switch the name on any paid hosting with us. Just sure to edit if you have hard-coded references to the prior domain anywhere.”
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CandI1. Thanks for posting. In this case, hosting would refer to website hosting. As you may know, there are essentially 3 parts to a website: its domain, the website itself (files), and its web hosting. You can change the domain on our web hosting accounts, which is different than changing a domain name registration. Hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.