cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

issue with domain and hosting

please i need help Asap. i bought a domain from Enom through gsuit and later did a domain transfer to godaddy. before the 7 days waiting period for the transfer, i bought a wordpress basic hosting plan from godaddy with the domain. now., the transfer is complete but i cannot access or manage the website it keeps on giving error 404 home page not found.it seems that the domain name is not resolving with the hosting. ehat do i do
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kalistos 

https://dnschecker.org/#A/tsdggi.com

You may need to reboot your computer / internet connection - as you can see it has updated around the world - so it may just been for your computer to also update

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User IV

@kalistos 

1) What is your domain name?

2) Is it showing up in your account?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

the domain name is tsdggi. com
yes it is showing in my account .
when i go to web hosting and websites i see it there but when i click on it i see the error message

please i need help Asap. i bought a domain from Enom through gsuit and later did a domain transfer to godaddy. before the 7 days waiting period for the transfer, i bought a wordpress basic hosting plan from godaddy with the domain. now., the transfer is complete but i cannot access or manage the website it keeps on giving error 404 home page not found.it seems that the domain name is not resolving with the hosting. ehat do i do

@kalistos 

It looks like the site is trying to be loaded from Google - if you are now hosting it on GoDaddy - what you may need to do is reset the DNS back to the default (GoDaddy servers) and then it will link to your site

okay how do i reset the DNS, when i go to manage dns this is what i see

dns home.pngdns 2.png

and when login to my accounts and to my websites this is what i see

website.png

when i click on the manage above . this is what i see

dns manage.pngdns manage.png

what do i do.... will i have to login to the gsuit and enom account to update anything or do i do it here on godaddy? please help me.

@kalistos 

Under the name server settings when you select Manage DNS you want to click change and select default that will replace all the DNS#.name-services.com with the GoDaddy Name servers and then allow you manage the DNS

Then you can assign the domain to Managed WordPress site and it will update the DNS accordingly

thank you for your help so far. i really appreciate. i am still a newbie here.

i did as you instructed and here is how its

dnswo.png

i went back to my main menu and to websites link

webs.png

under web hosting i click the manage link and it takes me to

dnsmanage.png

then under applications when click manage it is unable to load

and when i go into the cpanel to follow any of the linkswpad.png

it gives me this error

dnspage err.png

do i have to log into my gsuit/enom  dns account to tweak anything if not what next.. pls

@kalistos 

https://dnschecker.org/#A/tsdggi.com

You may need to reboot your computer / internet connection - as you can see it has updated around the world - so it may just been for your computer to also update

View solution in original post

Thanks for your help it worked, it might just take up to 48 hours to update. but its worthy the waiting