cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

my doster web address to point to my godaddy hosted web site

Hello All

I need help using a web address I all ready own at dotster.com to point to my godaddy hosting account.  I have updated the A record to 198.71.232.3  there no mail or shopping cart.  Is there something I and doing wrong? 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: my doster web address to point to my godaddy hosted web site

Hi @PortlandPD. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Updating the domain's A Record to point to your hosting IP should be enough to get the site up. However, mail would require that you use the MX Records for the type of mail you have. That IP is for GoCentral, so my guess would be that you might be using Office 365 email. If so, the information in this article may help you get that setup.

As for not seeing a shop, I'm not sure why that would be unless you haven't added Online Store to your site. You should see the option to do this within your site editor. 

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more details, others in the community may have additional suggestions to help you move forward. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.