cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

unused domain

I am not planning on using my domain any more but I don't want anybody else to use it for who knows what. What is the cheapest option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: unused domain

Yes, you would need to continue renewing the domain for it to be yours.  Otherwise it would go back to the registry and eventually be available again.

"Parking" is in regard to pointing the domain, rather than the registration.  It would show a GoDaddy page that says the domain is parked, like a placeholder.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II

The domain registration is what makes it yours.  You can continue renewing the domain, but ditch additional services like website hosting or email.

Highlighted
New

Thanks for the response. I have done that but I’m still wondering what “parking” means. If I park my domain do I still need to pay a fee? What would show up for anyone going to my domain?
Highlighted
Super User II
Solution

Yes, you would need to continue renewing the domain for it to be yours.  Otherwise it would go back to the registry and eventually be available again.

"Parking" is in regard to pointing the domain, rather than the registration.  It would show a GoDaddy page that says the domain is parked, like a placeholder.

View solution in original post