cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

verifying aws ses by adding cname records not working !

In order to verify my domain in amazon ses email service i must add a txt,cname records in the dns records
theres a one TXT record which works fine and the domain is verified .
but when it come to DKIM signing which requires adding 3 CNAME records not working at all 
i tries many approaches like removing the domain at the end of the cname name bc it may get appended twice
like  fsirqevb1z74yc4fj7r2hta5x6f2as6i._domainkey instead of fsirqevb1z74yc4fj7r2hta5x6f2as6i._domainkey.mydomain.com same for the other 2 with .5h ttl
but nothing works so far! should i wait for 3 days although the txt record works

dns.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: verifying aws ses by adding cname records not working !

@HassanAbas 

Everything looks good if you could click the pencil on one of the cname records and scroll to the end of the box (host/name) - I would also just double check there are no "spaces" before the start or end from copying from AWS - everything looks good

The other thing to do is export the zone as a text file and just double check it there

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@HassanAbas 

1) you only need the UNIQUE._domainkey  as the GoDaddy DNS will add the domain automatically

2) I have about 15-20 clients using AWS SES and I've never setup DKIM - it's something you can do but it isn't required.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

I tried only the UNIQUE._domainkey in the cname by putting the name in host and value in points to, but nothing works the DKIM is still pending .

some emails like yahoo must be DKIM signed i guess to be able to send !

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@HassanAbas 

I've never had an issue with Yahoo with AWS SES - but that being said - what is your domain?

Highlighted

I think your are right it gets sends without the DKIM, but to the spams tho.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@HassanAbas 

When I look up fsirqevb1z74yc4fj7r2hta5x6f2as6i._domainkey.anamehani.com in a DNS dig for a CNAME it isn't showing as setup - if you want to post a screen capture of the Amazon screen and your DNS configuration I can verify if I see anything off

Highlighted

aws

aws_dns_rec.png

records in godaddy dns 

dm_rec.png

on godaddy in the name i only added key._domainkey

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@HassanAbas 

Everything looks good if you could click the pencil on one of the cname records and scroll to the end of the box (host/name) - I would also just double check there are no "spaces" before the start or end from copying from AWS - everything looks good

The other thing to do is export the zone as a text file and just double check it there

View solution in original post

Highlighted

the export to text did the trick, i was able to notice extra text in the cname value  like key.dkim.amazonses.com.key.dkim.amazonses.com

thanks alot.