cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Email account out of SMTP Relays due to Spam. How do I reset and then prevent?

I receive bounceback emails that state:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 12.7 hour(s):
emmybugg@icloud.com    [different email addresses]

The attachments included in the bounceback clearly identify that someone is spoofing our email account.  I have blocked our actual email address in the image.  We are not sending these.

clipboard_image_0.png

IS THERE A WAY TO PREVENT SOMEONE FROM SENDING SPAM USING OUR EMAIL ADDRESS?  ISN'T THERE ANY SECURITY SETTING IN GODADDY TO VALIDATE?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Email account out of SMTP Relays due to Spam. How do I reset and then prevent?

@Kingpin 

So a couple of things

1) RESET YOUR EMAIL PASSWORD NOW!!!!! - If your relays were used up it means that somehow your password was compromised and that the spammer used your account

2) You can set up an SPF record on your domain which will help bounce emails if someone tries to send emails as you.

3) You will have to reach out to GoDaddy support and ask them to reset the quota - explain what happened and make sure you've updated your password

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Email account out of SMTP Relays due to Spam. How do I reset and then prevent?

I did immediately change the password.  Will check on the SPF record (no idea how to do that).  

Super User III
Super User III

@Kingpin 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-an-spf-record-19218

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community