cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Email error SMTP

I have set up my new domain and have added the email to my Thunderbird email program.

I can send emails out of my new email address, but when I send mail to the new address, get this message - "Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. nsstlmta25p.bpe.bigpond.com [203.38.21.25]:40171 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication." 

What can I try to do to fix this - in layman's terms thanks 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jonnyacidseed

First you should set up a cname for mail pointed to @ and then add a Mx record for @ pointed to mail.yourdomain.com
I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@jonnyacidseed 

What is your domain and have you setup the MX records?

What/where is your email hosted, cPanel - Office 365 - Somewhere else??

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

My domain is ventureyewear.com.au

Email hosted on cPanel

@jonnyacidseed

First you should set up a cname for mail pointed to @ and then add a Mx record for @ pointed to mail.yourdomain.com

View solution in original post

Thanks for reply. Not sure why, but getting error messages now when I try to do any update to DNS

"There was an error processing your request. Please try again. If this issue continues, contact support."

I better contact support to move on...