cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Emails not sent or arrive 3+ hours later

Hi, I would like to send e-mails with my laravel app. The mails are not sent except few of (1 out of 10) occasions, when it arrives between 10 minutes and 5 hours. I tried the webmail from cpanel, and it does exactly the same. I tried gmail and outlook addresses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@IvanBr 

That sounds like one of two things:

The configuration between the Laravel App you're using and the server is configured incorrectly. Make sure the configuration is correct, consult the Laravel support documentation, and test as needed.

Or...

cPanel email is notoriously difficult to work with. It has very little in the way of modern security measures to prevent compromise, shared IPs for hosting are typically outright blocked by providers, and it is extremely finicky to set up with 3rd-party apps. (Note this primarily refers to SHARED HOSTING SERVERS and not a VPS or Dedicated Server. You completely control the environment there, so it's easier to set up and configure on the server root.)

The most honest piece of advice I can give you here is to avoid using cPanel email at all on shared servers.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@IvanBr 

That sounds like one of two things:

The configuration between the Laravel App you're using and the server is configured incorrectly. Make sure the configuration is correct, consult the Laravel support documentation, and test as needed.

Or...

cPanel email is notoriously difficult to work with. It has very little in the way of modern security measures to prevent compromise, shared IPs for hosting are typically outright blocked by providers, and it is extremely finicky to set up with 3rd-party apps. (Note this primarily refers to SHARED HOSTING SERVERS and not a VPS or Dedicated Server. You completely control the environment there, so it's easier to set up and configure on the server root.)

The most honest piece of advice I can give you here is to avoid using cPanel email at all on shared servers.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post